Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Kaastengels cookies {Batang keju}

Christmas is around the corner. For my darling son he can't wait for this coming christmas. Keeps looking around the house to get the clue where mommy and daddy hide his presents. But for me  I don't want the Christmas season to end. It is just too fast. What I love about Christmas is I do enjoy sketching, painting and designing while doing those kind of stuff the Christmas music is in the background. I never get tired listening Christmas songs. I will miss those moment surely.

I bake Kaastengels cookies for Christmas. It is made of lots of cheese. In my country this cookies is a must to bake during the holiday. Very tasty and crunchy. 


 Kaastengels Recipe:

Ingredients:
125 gram margarine
125 gram butter
2 yolks
salt
350 gram flour
200 gram cheese (finely grated)
50 gram grated cheese for top garnish


 Directions:

Mix butter, margarine, salt and yolks together. Until everything blend well add flour and grated cheese gradually. Mix them well. I like to use speed no 2 on kitchen aid mixer.

Roll the dough and cut. The size of the stick is variety. I like to make them not to thick or long.

Glaze them with yolks and sprinkle the cheese on the top.

Bake at 350F for 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment